Sunday, July 27, 2014

Eight misbehavin': Whirled Musings 8th Blogaversary


My posts have been less frequent
But don't be broken-hearted
My Whirled's not winding down
It's only getting started.
~CC


Put another way... Flip that "figure 8" 90 degrees, and you have something that pretty much looks like the infinity sign. Matter of fact, I'm thinking that theme needs to work its way into the sub-title of my book-in-progress...

No Neat and Tidy Endings:
The Infinite Loop of Scamworld

by Connie L. Schmidt

I sort of like the sound of that. And it has, after all, been a theme on this blog for a long time: No Neat and Tidy Endings, Or NNaTE, as some of my dear friends, such as Julie Daniel (who has been pushing and pushing me to get this book done) like to say.

Nothing lasts forever, of course -- except maybe scams, unfortunately, in one form or another -- but I'm going to continue to keep this Whirled turning for as long as I can, despite a few recent bumps in the road (
most notably, a truly deranged snarget who recently accused me of poisoning his pit bull dog).

Maybe at some point soon I'll also finally switch over to Wordpress, as I've been nattering on about for years, or at least I'll update this raggedy old ugly Blogger template. It has outlived its usefulness. Maybe I'll even put another profile pic up, although I have to say that I am currently getting a kick out of the comment that the aforementioned deranged snarget made about how the pic makes me look like a druggy transvestite. While his attempt to dehumanize me by calling me "that thing" is disturbing, the rest of his comment is just typical silly Lenny stuff.


Lenny apparently performs his "professional diagnoses" just from looking at people's pictures. If he had truly been able to read pictures and people, he might have discerned that I chose that profile pic because... well... I like it. I like it because it was taken on a glorious day that seems longer ago than it really was. There was sun on my skin and saltwater in my hair and the sound and smell of the sea all around me. The only "drug" I was on (corny as it will probably sound) was love -- Ron was very much a part of that day, of course -- and possibly a Red Bull or two (straight up, no alcohol, since unlike some of my besotted snargets, I haven't had an alcoholic drink in decades). Life was good for Ron and me. It is still good, but back in those days we had lost less; people and four-legged kids who have since passed were still with us: my mother, Ron's "second mom" and "second dad," some clients who became dear friends (Ed, Margaret, Sterling, Jess, we miss you....), an old love of mine who had remained a friend in the years since, and died of cancer earlier this year... and in the fur-baby department, Rex and Layla and Bruce and Sabrina and Coca and Grace and Noelle... and neither Ron nor I had ever even heard of the most sinister snarget to ever inhabit my Whirled, nor had most of the rest of the planet... and even though I wasn't particularly young or naive, I was still mostly ignorant, in those days, of how evil the type of evil I now write about can be.

I should stop now, lest I sink to the same level of histrionics employed by some of my more noteworthy snargets. It really has been fun for the most part -- slinging words, making pretty pictures (or just pretty silly pictures... the graphic above incorporates today's Google Image results for Whirled Musings). All I want to add is this: Thank you to all of you for your continuing support. Feel free to take advantage of the Donation button on the upper left. And whether you donate or not, I appreciate you -- all of you (well, most of you, anyway) --- more than you will ever know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you do finish the book, it will be worth reading. It will be worth making a movie out of.

Congratulations on 8 years. I am very fond of the infinity symbol.
Unfortunately, it does fit scam world. But, it is still beautiful.

Julie Daniel.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 8 years!

Hope part 2 will be up soon ;) !

Cosmic Connie said...

Thank you, Julie! I agree with you about the infinity symbol.

Anon: Thank you. And rest assured, Part 2 is coming soon. Only work (a good thing) has kept me from completing it.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, Connie...and many happy returns:-)+

Thank you so much for all you've done and will do in the war against the big sick machine.

HHH said...

Eight is a fantastically mystical number, and full of symmetries.

Do, re, me, so, la, fa, ti, do

According to the Gurdjieff scheme of things, any endeavour can be seen composed of eight steps and must be reinforced in steps 3 and 7 in order to succeed.

Anonymous said...

...which bears no relevance to much - however I am reading Flipnosis by Kev Dutton - psychopathy expert, an interesting read on hustlers, psychos and spivs of all stripe